Friday, March 21, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Rolls

  It's time for another addition of Secret Recipe Club. This month we were assigned to pick a recipe from Jenny's Cookbook. She has so many delicious things to choose but I was looking for something fun to make last weekend to treat myself since I just celebrated my birthday. I picked Jenny's version of Rachel Ray's Cheeseburger Egg Rolls. I decided to add bacon to mine but to compensate for the unhealthiness I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, I know, that sounds so silly. If I was going to add bacon I probably should've just used the ground beef haha. Jenny dipped her rolls in homemade Russian dressing but I served ours with ketchup instead. We ate a few of them for lunch and I gave the leftovers to my sister, who served them for dinner with fries.

Ingredients:
1 Package Egg Roll Wrappers
1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
8 Slices of Crispy Bacon
1/2 Yellow Onion
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp  + 1 Tsp Olive Oil
S&P
Sesame Seeds for Topping

Makes 12-14 Rolls

Heat 1 Tsp of Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion until opaque, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn. Add the meat and brown until completely cooked, breaking it up into pieces with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper then let the meat cool for a few minutes. Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375 F. It is now time to assemble the rolls. Put a heaping spoonful of the meat mixture in the middle of an egg roll wrapper. Crumble a few pieces of bacon on top and sprinkle on some cheese. Use a pastry brush and apply some water on the edges so you can easily close the egg roll wrapper. Fold each side into the middle and then squeeze the edges shut. 
Transfer the egg rolls onto a baking dish. Use the remaining olive oil to brush the tops of the rolls, then sprinkle each roll with some sesame seeds. The sesame seeds give it a really nice touch just like the top of a burger roll would have.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately with ketchup.
Enjoy!!



Add your link

(Submissions close in 11h 54m)
powered by InLinkz

This is linked to www.thecountrycook.net

14 comments:

  1. Those sound fantastic! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea, and now I have another recipe to go in my file of stuff to make for Tapas Night. Yeah, always looking for fun and original ideas for that. Great choice for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be great to make for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy yum! Yes to the bacon, for sure. Will definitely have to try these soon. Nice choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of these but what a fun party food or easy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! And portable. I will definitely try this soon. Thanks for sharing with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These would be great for a party or for kids. Fun recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how these are easy to eat! Great pick for SRC - I'm new this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this - its so different and sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO making these. Egg rolls + bagon cheeseburgers? PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good, I've never seen anything like it before. Pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative way of getting a burger into a convenient pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea! Pinning to try one day very soon!

    I'd love for you to share this at Adventures with Jude - I host a weekly Pinterest party/linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. G'day! Sign me up for some right now!
    Thanks for sharing it at the Foodie Friends Friday #Foods That Make You Smile Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...